Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jones Family Reunion 2014

Jones Know How To Have Fun!!!

Here are some pictures that I was able to snap this weekend. There are a lot of them.
ENJOY!

Barbara Hunt and I

She is my Mom's first cousin. I enjoyed so much getting to know her this weekend. She also put a lot of hard work into this reunion and make everything work, so a HUGE thanks to her! She was so much fun to be around. We had great conversation and I just wish we could hang out more often!


The Big Yellow Inn

If any of you are ever in Cedar City and wanting a place to stay I would highly recommend checking this place out. Man it is beautiful on the inside and out! Plus the owners are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!
www.bigyellowinn.com

This was my room at the bed and breakfast! I was beyond excited when they told me that I would be staying in this nice room and I would have it all to myself. It was my paradise for the weekend! They call it the "Bon Voyage". This picture doesn't do it justice for how adorable the whole room is and how it has such a cozy and welcoming feeling!













After waking on on Saturday getting ready and having breakfast everyone met up at the farm. There were a few of the activities that I was able to capture a photo and some I didn't so I'll do my best with what I have. Here are a few of the activities that we started off with at the farm:

When they said "tractor rides" they meant it! When I was a kid and they said tractor rides they usually came out with something half that size. This was the real deal! The kids LOVED IT!
An adorable air plane seesaw that the kids were continually playing on.


Barbara was creative and brought a parachute for everyone to play with. It was some of the kids first time playing with one of those and they loved it!
 
It wasn't long after the parachute was pulled out that they started bring out other fun things to do, such as the carriage ride. This was by far one of the coolest carriages I have ever seen! I don't have a copy of the picture but I am pretty sure we had over 15 people on it at once and we all went for a ride around the farm.
HORSE RIDING!!!
This was one of my personal favorites! I don't get to do it often but when I do it is great!
Going back to roots on this one!


The next few pictures are from when Scott was showing us how he trains the dogs to herd the sheep. It was really impressive how they work with the dogs and how the sheep respond. I hadn't seen it be done before and he was really good at it.

I couldn't resist the picture with the one black sheep in it. There's always gotta be one of them :)
Family relay races and more...much much more!
Tug-of-war!


 Los Tre Hermonos
These three sat down in the chairs and were sitting the exact same way and even leaning the same way.
 These are grand children of Will and Claire Jones, in other words my Mom's first cousins. This was my first time seeing this group together.

 FAMILY DANCES!

These families know how to get down and boogie! 
It was so fun to see what the families created together and performing it. I can't wait until next year because this was another one of my favorite events of the evening!


 I quickly snapped a picture of Grandma Grace Jones :) Isn't she the best!?! 
 Our family quickly grabbed some dinner at Cafe Rio before we headed over to Barbara's house for the family slide show and talent show.

And it BEGINS


My family was very creative in their performances and can pull off talents that I had no idea about. For example; there was one of the young boys who wanted to show us all that he could run really really fast. Now I thought that was creative and as he was running back and forth a quickly as he could I also couldn't stop laughing at how adorable it was. Then there was the talented uncle who could stand on one foot and grab a brown paper bag with his mouth that was super low to the ground, I must admit that I cannot do.

As for my family talent my sister ratted me out and made me do the worm for everyone and then I whipped out some balloon animals to charm the children. Yup, it gets them every time!

In the middle of the talent show Max came and sat by me. We pulled out the camera and I got him to make a few fun faces with me. Since this is my blog and I love looking back at it I mainly posted the rest of the pictures for me to have for the future but you all are more then welcome to enjoy them as well.







In the middle of the talent show I looked back and was laughing so hard when I noticed that it look like a dear was about to attack Ammon and eat his head off. It made for some good entertainment for me and the kids toward the end of the show.




To wrap this thing up I just wanted to express my gratitude for family. This particular family reunion was a first in many ways. It was first time we had a family reunion since I have been alive with my Grandpa Milton Jones, his siblings, and their kids. For this experience I am so grateful because of the eternal perspective that it has given me. This life is good but the more I meet my extended family and knowing that I am a part of their eternal family brings me such great joy in this life and excitement to look forward to after this test of mortality is over. The family that I already knew and that I was able to meet this weekend are top notch, fun, kind, loving, and family centered people. Thank you everyone that made this weekend possible and a complete BLAST!


No comments:

Post a Comment