Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How do you study for your Spring term finals?

It feels like winter is here and yet Summer is about to begin. Since I have my last final tomorrow for this Spring term it is time for me to buckle down and get geared up. The class is Music 378. 

I guess if I am going to have to study at this time of year I am going to do it in complete comfort and have a little R and R since this is the only night this week that I will be able to relax. I am excited for the many things I have to look forward to for this week but as for now I think I am going to cozy up next to this warm fire in my warm blanket and finish my assignments.


Those Little Studying Distractions: Blogging and Sheri Dew

Actually as of right now I am having one of those I LOVE SHERI DEW moments! Whenever I need a fresh perspective of who I am and what it is that I am doing I just turn to her words. She has such a way with words that refreshes my perspective in a powerful way that always turns me to God.

Speaking of Sheri Dew it reminds me of the time when on my mission I was serving in the area that she lives. It was late one evening around Christmas and I was out with a sister that was her old visiting teacher, could you imagine that kind of experience to be able to visit her once a month!?! Anyways, we were doing visits and I expressed my admiration of Sheri Dew and how she has blessed my life so much by the work that she has done. We were delivering some baked goods to people that this lovely sister had made and we had an extra so she suggested that we take it to Sheri Dew's house right before I had to head back home for the evening. So with my heart pounding and knocked on her door. I heard heavy footsteps and also a loud voice. She was on the phone and didn't answer the door. I was soo sooooo CLOSE! I don't blame her for answering #1 it was late #2 she lives alone #3 she was on the phone. I guess one day maybe I'll get the guts to write her a note and just leave it on her door saying thank you and leave it at that. I don't want to be a creeper but I do want to express my gratitude. I think most people enjoy hearing those two words "thank you" and to know that they actually do make a difference, no matter who you are.

I just heard her say in a talk "Satan is a snake"-Sheri Dew...No wonder I HATE them so bad! Hahaha it's just kind of cracking me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment