Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Actively Filling My Life With Good Things

What is this world that we are living in? It changes quickly with each day, week, month, and year. We are not living the same life experiences that our parents did when they were our age. This is both for good and bad. We may have more advances in technology but when it comes down to it we are indeed faced with more challenges of evil. As a result I am declaring an all out war to block out bad things and actively seek out good in my life. It takes effort to keep being surrounded by good and to be increasingly trying to become a better person each day. I don't feel like there was anything particularly horrible I was letting in my life before but I definitely wasn't living up to my divine potential. I need to start reaching high and walking a little bit taller. With the blessings of the Gospel in my life I am continually reminded that "where much is given, much is required".

Something that I just ran across that I would highly recommend is this talk by Neal A. Maxwell titled "But For a Small Moment"http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1022&tid=7 it is a BYU address that he gave and it is perfect for me at the time in my life. I listen to it on audio so I don't have to sit down and read every word. Sometimes it is good just to hear it be spoken, especially when I am working on various assignments, cleaning, or driving in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment