Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A little overview, post mission...

The adventure begins of returning home off a mission!


The first 3 weeks off the mission I literally slept. I thought it would end there but I'll have to update you with my current status and if I've gotten better since the mission and where I'm at in life.


I got to spend time with my sweet sister Julia Hale. I probably get to spend the least amount of time with her but she is definitely entertaining. She always has lots of questions to ask and she will be open and honest with her opinions. She is so sincere you gotta love her.


I spent the first 3 days back off my mission with my Mom (JoLayne Wood). She was great to be with and rest. We did go spend a Sunday afternoon with my Brother Aaron, Sister-in-Law Haley, and their 2 kids. They are so fun. I wish I had more pictures of us.

The next 3 picture are from when I spent a week in Michigan with Janel, Derek, and their 2 kids. It was so fun being with them. Janel and I went shopping a lot and I was able to get some new cloths that were much needed. Thank you Janel and Derek for having me in your home! They were so good to me and I enjoyed being with them.


They're so CUTE!


I love the picture below. It is of Kate playing with the hose. I told her to take a drink and I snapped this picture. Personally I love it! I got so close to Kate while I was there that there were times that she would accidentally call Mom. I love it! She reminds me of a little Janel. No wonder we got along so well. When we were younger Janel and I shared a room and had a blast while we were at it!


The 2 picture below is first of Grace and then Jack!


Ammon and Jillian let me spend a few days in their home. I also wish I had more pictures with these cute little kids. I also met Matthew for the first time but I don't have a picture of that. I think Ammon does. I'll try to get it from him. There kids are adorable!


Aileen Clotet was my trainer on the mission. She was known to as Hermana Clotet. Now she has a new name, Hermana Aileen Clotet Tadd. SHE GOT MARRIED!!!!


This was the first wedding I went to and reception after my mission. All her companions were  her brides maids. We are all in the picture below (except it is missing Hermana Jessica Castenada.) 

Let me just say that she had one of the funnest wedding receptions I've ever been to. They had good food, guests, but the best part was the dancing! Hermana Clotet promised me she was going to get me dancing after the mission and Ohhhh did she EVER!!! There is a Peruvian tradition at dances to have La Hora Loca (Translation: CRAZY HOUR!) No one is allowed to stop dancing for a whole hour straight. It was crazy, it was fun, and one of the best dances I've ever been to!!!


Since I was just in Tennessee I was able to get some good tickets for General Conference that weren't being used and bring them back to Utah so I could help some Sister Missionaries bring a recent convert to General Conference. 

(From left to right is: Hermana Newton, Galaviz, me, and BicquiFernandez) 
It was such a good experience and well worth it. Bicqui had just been baptized the week before. It was an incredible experience. Hermana Galaviz had been my last companion in the mission. We had been teaching Bicqui. I may not have been able to be at the baptism but it was a great experience to see a recent convert see the prophet for the first time. She was so excited! 
I LOVE YOU BICQUI!


It wasn't long after General Conference I started school at Brigham Young University in Idaho!!!

With more updates to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment