Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Heart of Our Family

There is someone very special in my life and the life of my family. She isn't talked about a lot but she is definitely anything but forgotten. Her name is Julia Hale and she is the heart of our family. She has taught us love, patience, and compassion in more ways that we can even imagine.

Growing up she was just like any other child and maybe even a little better then most. Fun, active, a little shy, and as cute as can be. Not to mention she was Mommas little helper. She would help us little kids get ready for the day by doing our hair or making our bed. Some of my earliest childhood memories was Julia laying down with the 3 little kids (David, Me, and Janae) to tell us bed time stories.

Today I got a text from my Mom that said "Julia asked if you had lost weight, she said I hope not because I like Kathy just the way she is!" Now that is the kind of response I am looking for! Thanks Julia
 Julia and Janel.

When she was 14 she got sick. They took her to the hospital for a few months and when she came home she was never the same again. The doctors told us that she has schizophrenia. Sometimes she has good days and sometimes she has hard days. Here are a few pictures her. She does magnificent with the hand she has been dealt and is one of the most supportive sisters a girl can ask for. Sometimes when I talk to her I ask her how I got so lucky to be her sister?

















For those who know Julia knows that she is one of the sweetest people you know. She has the innocence of a child and tells you the truth just the same. She loves being included and doesn't want to miss out on a thing, hence the jet skiing and family hiking pictures. She loves her family more then anyone, as well as goes on more walks then anyone I know and can eat bananas and peanut butter like no ones business. One of her favorite colleges will always be BYU and she studies math in her spare time just for fun. She is a true jewel in the family and I love her more then you know. What a blessing she truly is!


No comments:

Post a Comment