Saturday, July 12, 2014

Stewart Falls here we come! Or now I should say, there we went...

The start of a great day!
One of my favorite thing about Sara Hansen is that she is always up for an adventure. As often as possible we try to get out and go on a hike or what ever activity sounds good at the time. Other then school these little outings are our main time to get to catch up and I couldn't choose a more fun way to spend my time with good company and a fun activity. We are well on our way to having a bankful of great memories and happy experiences.

Game of the hike. Carson threw a rock and it was Sara's idea for him to hit a random log that was at the bottom of the hill. We ended up making it a game the whole way to pick up rocks and choose a target in the distance to hit. Carson gave me some tough competition and showed me some of his good athletic skills. I think I'll need to practice for next time. The kids got game.  





Speaking of Carson he is a trooper! He woke up way tired from all of his fun swimming the day before and wasn't so sure about coming on the hike. Somehow Sara talked him into coming and I am sure glad she did. So this is a shout out to Carson. Way to go kiddo you rocked the hike!
PROOF: we made it to the Stewart Falls! It is one of my favorite hikes and I can't wait until I get to do it again!
 Okay so the picture below is a tad wee bit blurry but I wanted to include it because I so enjoy the memory of the picture. Even though you may not be able to tell we were covered over head and all around by leaves and branches as well as we were ducking down in order to take this picture. The first quarter of the hike back consisted of stepping over, ducking under, and moving around branches, logs, and water. I've noticed a fun trend when Sara and I have been able to go on our hikes that we end up finding the best random paths and it always makes things just that much more entertaining.


Right at the end of the path where we were walking through and ducking under branches to get through we had to walk on part of a log and jump over to the other side of the river. Once on the other side was my favorite views of this whole hike, so we decided to take a picture or two.


 The picture doesn't do the view justice! This is one of those spots that I want to hike back to just so I can spend a few more moments taking it in.
This picture below signifies the end of a great hike but not the end of a great day...I don't think Carson was tired of being around me by the end of the hike because he was very persistent in making sure that I come over to hang out at their house after. Sara was kind enough to let me spend a bit of time in their beautiful home and enjoy their fun company. The Hansen family is always fun to be around. I feel privileged that they allow me to enjoy their company and I consider their friendship to be one of the great blessings in my life. I haven't known them long but we are well on a path to many more great times ahead!

Summary of the rest of my day:
  • Went home and got ready for the day
  • Went over to the Hansen's house and enjoyed shared some of my balloon skills
  • Went to Trolley Square and had a great and busy night of tying balloons
  • Got off work and went and hung out with a friend for a while
-Little note; I ended up walking over ten miles yesterday between hiking, working, and playing. Not bad, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment