Monday, July 21, 2014

A weekend of nothing but FUN!

FRIDAY

I know we've seen these first two pictures before but I am using them to recap the weekend. They are still my favorite!

Later that same day...
(Balloon Art)

Saturday never slowed down!

Visiting Annie!
I cannot get enough of this girl in my life! She will be moving to California in a week or two so at this point I am taking every chance that I can get to stop in and see her. Things will definitely not be the same around here without her but our friendship is one that no matter the distance we will always be there for each other and are only a phone call away. Plus we are already planning vacation time for when we will get to see each other next. She is basically a sister! She looks more like my sister then my own siblings and our relationship is like sisters as well. I love this girl and am blessed to have her in my life!

Visiting Nieces and Nephews
This was a short but sweet visit! I showed them pictures from being at the lake the day before and they wanted me to take them right then to play in the mud and go in the kayak.
BIRTHDAY SURPRISE and TENNESSEE FRIENDS!
The Sommers Family! Oh yes how I love them! It is always a joy to see them. I have been privileged to have many significant experiences with them and as well to develop a friendship that bring great joy into my life. They are the type of family that any time I go to Tennessee I want to see them because they are so welcoming of me in their home and treat me as family. They have 10 kids total in their family and sometimes I get confused and think that I am one of them. I am just as good of friends to Dave and Cheryl as I am with any of the kids and it makes it all that much better to be around their whole family.  They are interested in my life and great to be around! I am grateful for Brittany Sommers throwing her Mom a surprise birthday party. It was a complete surprise and she did good at getting a great group of people together. 
Group shot at the birthday dinner. 
The food was good and the company was even better!

SHOPPING!
After the surprise birthday party I went shopping with this cute couple! They are always fun to be around and I love shopping with either Janae or Janel so the fact that Janae was there I was guaranteed to have a few good finds and man did I ever! Thanks Janae
I just had to throw in here real quick that Janae is getting closer and closer to her due date and I couldn't be more excited! She is beautiful and is going to be a great mother! That little boy is going to be one lucky kid.

After shopping we all ended up at Brittany and Cameron Longs house to hang out with the fun Sommers family. I love the memory of this night and the conversations that we had!

Then later that night I got to go back over to where Sara Foster was and hang out with this fun group (in the picture below. This is not all the people but it is most of them.). This is the only picture I have gotten of them from this weekend. 

Cool story, Nancy in this picture (second person in from the right) is a teacher in the Jordan School District and that is where I will doing my practicum work this next year and then my internship or student teaching. I am grateful to have met her and I have a feeling we are going to be working together and having some great times in the near soon future! What a blessing it is for me and I look forward to getting to know her and working with her! 

Sara took this picture of the temple! 
GREAT SHOT
Sara and I usually take more picture together then this but as of right now this is pretty much all we have from this weekend. We have had fun together and it is always fun to have her around!
A roller coaster weekend is how I will describe this weekend for Sara. It has been fun but she has had several trials that she has been going through. I am grateful that she has been here so that I can be some what of a support, even though there is little I can do. It has definitely taught me the value of listening and not trying to fix her problems for her. It has been a very interesting experience to listen to her talk and watch her find her own solutions and answers to her problems. She is an inspiration and a fighter. She fights for what is right and fights to stay close to her Heavenly Father no matter what. No matter what she goes through she will end up on top because of the way that she chooses to handle her adversities. I am privileged to know her and to learn from her example. She is the best health coach, nurse, disciple, and confidant a friend could ask for. I just love that girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment