Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday: A Day of None Stop Fun


King of the Tube

7 peaks is where the fun began.

Displaying 20140808_101037.jpg
The rules of the game is kind of self explanatory "King of the Tube". The last person on the tube is the winner and the goal is to throw everyone else off. I'd say Jace was the over all winner. He put up a good competition although Austin and Carson both took their fare share of winning rounds as well.

Sara needed to leave and Jace went with her so I was able to stay at the pool a little longer with Carson and Austin. I felt it a compliment that Sara trusted me enough with the boys to leave them with me. I expressed this to Carson saying "it makes me feel good that your Mom trusts me enough to leave you with me" and I had to laugh because his response was "her! I trust you enough to stay with you. Plus you are awesome and you should feel honored because that is coming from the cool boys". It still makes me laugh. The kid is cool and he knows it.

After that off we went to ride down the boomerang with the 3 of us on the 3 person tube. The boys got me to go down that slide backwards, TWICE. It is way scarier going down backward then forward and the first time going down I even hit my head on the slide. I knew I automatically wanted to do it again because I don't want to be afraid of anything so I got right back up and the boys were more then excited to do it again. It was much better the second time. 

Then we went and traded the 3 person tube in for 3 individual tubes. It turned out to be a good trade because we went on some other fun water slides one by one and then ended up back in the wave pool and created another game with the new tubes. Austin was the master mind behind these games and Carson was the trickster that always got everyone in the water. Basically the game had a lot of the same concepts as king of the tube but with different dynamics and you had to be holding on to the other persons tube with your left at all times so you were only able to get the others off with one hand. It worked out rather nicely and the single tubes flipped a lot easier. It was definitely a good work out all at the same time.







With all of this activity we took a short break. Carson sat in a tube and Austin automatically started stacking them, then he jumped on them to see if he could do it. He could and did and then fell over. In the mean time I happened to capture a picture of it. Austin did it to Carson first and then it was Carson's turn. 







SUCCESSFUL TUBE JUMP!



Austin was trapped 
so Carson took the opportunity to mess with the poor guy a little bit. First by rubbing his head and Austin couldn't do anything about it and then he sat on his head. Enough said and very entertaining, that didn't last long and Austin was a good sport about it.

After swimming we picked up some pizza and went to my house because I had to get ready for work as quickly as I could and the boys got to explore new territory. This was fun because they helped me find and use things in my house that I wasn't even aware of, like the entercom system. I knew it was there but I never paid much attention to it. It turns out that it actually works!

Guess what! They are normal kids, just like the rest of them one of their favorite things to do was to test out the vibrating machine. I'm pretty sure that alone could have kept them entertain for hours.
They also loved the back yard. They went exploring to see all the types of things that they could find, which Carson also somehow found a random lacrosse ball. We went black berry picking as well as picked some grapes, strawberries, and tasted some of our apricots.

 Displaying photo.JPG
The day was a blast! Each time when either at the park or my house Carson would say to Austin "come on Austin, this will be great! We are creating more memories!" That boy has got it right! It was fun getting to spend more time with them and getting to know them better. I enjoyed the day every bit as much as they did. It was a great way to end the summer semester and kick off my two to three week break. 
(Come to think of it I ended my Spring Semester with a day adventure with these guys too. We're on an end of the semester roll!) 
Here's to creating more memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment