Friday, December 21, 2012

Just Some Thoughts

I feel so very blessed today for the knowledge I have of our Savior Jesus Christ. I feel humbled before him of my nothingness without him and my ability to accomplish all with him. We all fall short sometimes and I've come to the point of finally being grateful for our weaknesses and trials because each one is an opportunity that he is allowing us to experience so that we can draw closer to him. When our heart and our mind are in the right place then no outside influence can take away our happiness. We truly are the master of our own souls.

(ENJOY)


I've watched this video over and over. It helps me to keep perspective and stay grateful even when life is frustrating or it feels like we're walking on a rocky path. Things happen and the thing to remember is our relationship with God. God always knows how to turn our weaknesses into strength and help us to overcome things that only he could make possible. I have so many personal experiences of this in my own life. One of the most recent being when I was sick on my mission and even after. While I was sick on my mission it was for the whole last year of it. It was literally through the enabling power of the atonement that I was able to make it through the mission. The Lord literally carried me through the day and blessed the lives of those I was able to serve. It wasn't me it was all him. Being sick allowed me to religh on him more then I would have been able to which in the end provided a lot of stretching and growing that I didn't even know was possible. After my mission with all the expectation of getting better it only got worse. From that point I experienced many hardships but as a result I've somehow ended up with more blessings then I could ever have imagined. I live in Provo, I have switched collages, I got an amazing job, and being in an other wise impossible to have relationship (because of distance). Would I trade any of these things? Of course not. The only thing that got me through those hard time were the many prayers that I said pleading "Dear Father, I don't know why I'm sick but please let it be worth it." It was worth it and it wasn't until I relaxed, trusted in him, and stop fighting myself (kicking against the pricks, figuratively speaking) that the Lord then said okay here you go. Literally my life changed for the better in the span of 1 week. It wasn’t just for one reasons but a lot of different reasons that I needed that experience.

I know that all the blessings in my life are a result of our loving Heavenly Father. Through our Savior Jesus Christ we will be able to return and live with Heavenly Father if that is what we choose. It does take effort and we can't make it back to him without using the beautiful gift of the atonement. That's the only real way to be happy. That is the only real way to live. "Any other way is chaos." -Elder Christopherson 

I just wanted to share my thoughts with anyone who may be interested. My heart is so full of gratitude! My Mother always taught me ever since I was a child that "there is something good that can be found in any hard experience." I believe this to be true with all my heart because it is a part promise of the atonement. Never give up and always keep pushing forward. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Pain is just for a moment. Life is about being happy where you are now and not waiting for some future point.

...For those of you who do not know. I haven't been sick lately with the same things from my mission. Fybromyalgia has been so much better. For the most part the only symptoms I get from that is when it is cold and my muscles get tense. That's nothing to complain about. Sometimes I get the common cold but I'd say most people do. Where I am now is a miracles and blessing from our tender and loving Heavenly Father. May we all recognize our blessings and say an extra prayer of gratitude each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment